Version 20180828=Download zip file
To allow for a portable stand-alone or a simple self-installing add-in that gives the user tools such as Excel bookmarks, multiple tab closer, tab divider and sorter and over 50 other tools in one place.
I have been using Excel since the late 1990s. The development of XLSUPERTOOL comes from years in industries such as Quality Control, Logistics (Freight Forwarding), and Publishing. The tools contained within are some of the most commonly needed tools I would have to constantly re-create. Now, here they are in one easy to access tool.
All OFFICIAL VERSIONS (that you would download from this site) are said to be free from virus/spyware/adware.
All of the code is open and viewable.
- 20171128 Fixed datadivider & tabificator to allow as separate workbooks; truncate tab names to 30 characters. Massmailer error trapping for illegal file names.
- 20171129 Added Count by Color to Eazy Buttons, counts cell or text colors in selection.
- 20171207 Re-described Decimals as Displayed to Do as Displayed, since also allows for removing time from date:time format.
- 20171215 Added Color Banding tool to Eazy Buttons and ability to add tools/eazy button launch to quick access toolbar.
- 20171218 Added Color Banding handle all row selection. Added Multi-line merge copy and paste to Eazy Tools.
- 20171227 Added Table of Contents Maker to Eazy Tools.
- 20180104 Added coalesce, wknum, getregion UDFs - See XLST UD Functions.
- 20180125 Added Folder Explorer "Get Files Path" to Massmailer
- 20180205 Added Pivot Table Colorizer to Eazy Buttons.
- 20180215 Added some more UDF & fixed an issue with Data Divider tool that cause failure.
- 20180510 Removed Distance Tool which required allowing security trusting which some users may not want to enable.
- 20180510 Fixed massmailer to allow for comma separated file attachments and to indicate an allowable SENDER: address.
- 20180510 Fixed do-as-displayed to turn text-based dates into actual date format (USA).
- 20180510 Fixed Chart Colorizer to ignore charts without series reference rather than error out.
- 20180511 Fixed issue with Tool/Eazy Button deactivation.
- 20180614 Added Sheet Combiner to Worksheet Processor under the Eazy Buttons..
- 20180828 Added Column Copy & Repeatfill under the Eazy Buttons..
While I have made an effort to design the tool in a way that should operate in an expected manner, use of the tools comes without warranty and is "as is". By downloading and using this tool, the user holds Roderick Edwards and rodericke.com free from any liability.
- Download and open the zipfile (it only contains an Excel workbook in the .xlsb format).
- Enable Content/Macros/Editing (if prompted).
- STAND-ALONE use, simple click the LAUNCH button and follow on screen instructions.
- ADD-IN use, select from Add-in #1 or #2 in the dropdown box in D13.
- Close all other workbooks you may have open.
- Add-in #1 places simply single tab ribbon/menu within Excel's own menu system (By Home/Insert/Page Layout...)
- Add-in #2 places full featured tab ribbon/menu allowing direct access to specific tools as needed.
- Once you decide which Add-in type you want, click LAUNCH. Will attempt to create .xlam file in your Add-in folder and enable.
- You should now see XLSuperTool menu/ribbon tab with every instance of Excel you open.
- If you don't see the new XLSuperTool menu/ribbon after install, go to FILE/OPTIONS/ADD-INS, select XLSuperTool, press GO, then check XLSuperTool, OK
The Stand-alone and Add-in# versions allow user access to the built-in "Designer" tab which allows the user to add their own macros/subroutines to the tool's user-interface.