News Domestic and International
The men in brown to the rescue. Sad that it had to come to this. Truckers Against Trafficking. Next gen heroes.
UPS to train delivery drivers how to spot signs of sex slavery
By Rebekka Schrammm | CBS, January 23, 2020 | thanks to Christian:
ATLANTA (CBS46) –Workers at the UPS Atlanta Regional Hub started their day a little differently Thursday. They got a glimpse into some important training all drivers are about to get – how to spot potential cases of sex trafficking.
UPS executives gathered employees to announce the company is strengthening its commitment to anti-human trafficking awareness and training by empowering drivers to help be the “eyes and ears” of the community.
“It puts a different layer on their relationship that we have with our drivers to understand it’s not just about the company. It’s not just about our employees, but it’s truly about our community,” said Danelle McCusker Rees, Human Resources President for UPS’s domestic operations. “This issue impacts everyone.”
UPS had already trained its freight drivers on how to spot signs of sex trafficking. Now they’re training the drivers who actually go into neighborhoods. To implement the training, the company teamed up with the organization Truckers Against Trafficking.
Helen Van Dam runs the organization’s Freedom Drivers Project. She says traffickers are counting on the ignorance of the general public.
“They’re counting on everyone thinking that the person they’re selling is just a prostitute, just a hooker,” said Van Dam, adding that many times it’s not voluntary – the victim has been forced into sex slavery.
Van Dam said drivers will be trained on signs of sex trafficking such as “branding” tattoos on victims.
“It could be the pimp’s moniker, could be ‘Daddy,’ ‘Moneymaker,’” she said.
The training will begin in the coming weeks. In the end, more than 130,000 UPS drivers nationwide will be trained.
To kick off the campaign, drivers received cards with the national hotline number which trainers hope drivers will keep with them on their routes.
“Put it in their wallet,” said Van Dam. “Put it in their visor, wherever it’s going to help remind them that they have a role to play that maybe no one else is going to play in that person’s life.”
OMG! More Schiff — Lead House Manager Goes Off on Crazed Putin-Russia Tantrum Following Trump Team Opening Arguments (VIDEO)
IT NEVER STOPS! ADAM SCHIFF GOES OFF ON CRAZED PUTIN-RUSSIA TANTRUM FOLLOWING TRUMP TEAM ARGUMENTS.
On Saturday morning — For the first time in months — President Trump’s White House Counsel was able to respond to the attacks and smears by House Democrats in the Senate Impeachment Trial.
President Trump’s defense team held the US Senators for two hours. They will resume their opening arguments on Monday.
It was an AMAZING morning of testimony.
President Trump assembled a stellar team of the nation’s top legal minds to defend the innocent administration. And they delivered.
In two hours they blew away the Schiff sham.
It was outstanding.
But Adam Schiff was not happy. The Democrat House Manager was triggered after this morning’s session.
After listening to the President’s lawyers opening arguments, I have three observations:
They don’t contest the facts of Trump’s scheme.
They’re trying to deflect, distract from, and distort the truth.
And they are continuing to cover it up by blocking documents and witnesses.
— Adam Schiff (@RepAdamSchiff) January 25, 2020
Schiff then bloviated about Russia and Putin for several minutes after this morning’s hearing.
Of course, everything Schiff says in the presser was nonsense and more lies.
The Department of Commerce is temporarily holding off on a rule change that would make it more difficult for U.S. companies to do business with Chinese tech giant Huawei.
The Trump administration has long believed Huawei devices pose a national security threat. It has pressured allies to move away from working with the telecom company.
The U.S. placed the Chinese tech giant on a trade blacklist last year. That restricted American firms from selling components to Huawei without first getting government approval. But the Commerce Department extended a temporary license in November to allow limited transactions.
A loophole allows U.S. companies to sell to Huawei without a license under certain conditions: they must be shipping from an overseas location, and the goods they're sending have to be made of less than 25% American-made materials or patents.
The Commerce Department's proposed rule tightens that loophole significantly — that percentage allowed would drop to 10%.
But now the rule change is on hold after some government officials argued the measure could actually harm national security. The Wall Street Journal reports that the Defense and Treasury departments are worried the potential revenue loss to American companies could hurt research and development budgets, eventually causing more harm than good.
The Chinese government invests tens of billions of dollars in Huawei, giving it a competitive edge against U.S. companies. The New York Times notes that President Donald Trump's advisers have warned against allowing Chinese companies to get ahead in 5G technology, for fear that it could compromise intelligence between the U.S. and allies.
Huawei has repeatedly denied that its products pose a national security threat, calling U.S. claims "unsubstantiated."
Trump administration cabinet officials are expected to meet in the coming weeks to discuss whether or not to implement the proposed rule.
Contains footage from CNN.
For 3 days House Managers have cherry picked bits & pieces of information to make their case. Today, we got to hear the full story based on full facts instead of presumptions & half-truths.pic.twitter.com/6zErKwjRlU
For 3 days House Managers have cherry picked bits & pieces of information to make their case. Today, we got to hear the full story based on full facts instead of presumptions & half-truths. pic.twitter.com/6zErKwjRlU
What a shame! The arrogant president Macron who wants to rule on Israeli security in Jerusalem, is incapable of ensuring the safety of its own citizens back in France.
The 16-year-old French high school student I wrote about a few days ago, has been asked by the police to go into hiding because the authorities are unable to ensure her safety, after she received several death threats for insulting Islam on social media.
The delegate from the French Center for the Muslim Cult Abdallah Zekri even said about the young high school student: “She asked for it, she has to bear the consequences.” No prosecutor will launch an investigation into his incitement to hatred – and we must have confidence in the justice system.
Mila, from Lyon, in eastern France, who claims to be a lesbian, shared a series of short Instagram videos in response to online homophobic and racist abuse from religious Muslims.
The teenager, who regularly posts videos of herself singing on her Instagram profile, told those who were abusing her that she hated all religions, she hated Islam, that there was nothing but hate in the Islamic Koran and that Islam itself was sh*t.
She subsequently received a torrent of abuse, alongside a number of serious death threats, that has led to her requiring police protection.
And now, Mila is no longer able to set foot inside her school, and she fears the incident will put an end to her dreams of a singing career.
“I can no longer set foot in my high school, and I can’t even change my high school because it’s the whole of France that wants me dead,” she told feminist publication Bellica.
I am not racist, not at all. You cannot be racist towards a religion. I said what I thought, you will not make me regret it. There are still people who will get excited, I clearly don’t give a damn, I say what I want, what I think.
I have not insulted anyone, nor threatened anyone, nor called for violence against anyone. What I did was blasphemy, general criticism of religions, and nothing else,” she added to feminist site Bellica.
On Twitter, people are split between those who defend her right to free speech, and those who slams the French schoolgirl for insulting Islam, with some going so far as to issue threats to her life.
Local media report that the local education authority has said that “the young girl went into hiding and is now in security,” and that she has been provided with “physical and psychological support.”
A gun would be a good support too, but in France, only criminals have guns. Law-abiding citizens don’t, it’s illegal. And according to recent court rulings, it’s a good thing: legitimate self-defense is now forbidden by the far-left judges of the Magistrate Union which dominates the courts.
Watch: Jon Stewart's 'Irresistible,' Starring Steve Carell, Portrays DNC As Out of Touch with Everyday Americans
A bus carrying Covington Catholic students who attended the March for Life in DC was involved in a deadly crash on Saturday morning.
One of the mothers of a student who was involved in the viral incident between students and a Native American activist last year told the Gateway Pundit that the bus carrying the students was hit head on. She said that a teacher was injured, a student had a bloody nose and the driver of the other vehicle died.
None of the students were seriously injured, but the driver of the car was pronounced dead at the scene. Their name has not yet been publicly released.
The crash happened around 7:20 a.m. in California, Kentucky.
WLWT reports, “according to witnesses on the scene, a southbound car somehow entered the northbound lanes of the highway, striking the charter bus head-on.”
“I saw a car come across the median and head toward me,” Ricky Lynn, a witness who was also driving north, told WLWT. “I was able to get out of the way.”
The Archdiocese of Covington was in the caravan of four busses carrying students and chaperones, and performed a final blessing over the deceased driver.
“This morning, a bus carrying students and chaperones home from the March for Life in Washington, DC was involved in an accident. EMT personnel and the Campbell County police have been at the scene and are handling the matter. Please join us in praying for everyone involved in this accident,” the Archdiocese said in a statement.
Students from Covington were badly slandered by the media during the March for Life last year, when they were bullied by adult activists. CNN has settled a lawsuit with student Nick Sandmann, but the amount of the settlement was concealed from the public.
The post Bus Carrying Covington Catholic Students Leaving March for Life Involved in Deadly Crash appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.